Synlife, Inc. is an early-stage biotech startup focused on developing synthetic cell technologies for the biotechnology industry. Our focus is the R&D of foundational technologies and bleeding-edge applications of synthetic cells that have been engineered from the bottom-up.
Synlife is looking for a highly motivated scientist with expertise in the fields of synthetic biology, nanomedicine, and/or liposome drug delivery to lead development of innovative applications of its proprietary SynellTM technology platform. The candidate will work closely with a small team of founders and engineers to rapidly prototype applications, iterate business plan hypotheses, and play a leading role in the growth of the company. This is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in an early stage company.
- Design and execute clearly-stated, hypothesis-driven lines of research.
- Aggressively pursue and meet research and business milestones.
- Manage lab purchasing, equipment, and orders/inventory.
- Proactively engage and interview key opinion leaders in various fields.
- Regularly present research results and findings to the team and investors.
- Take a leading role in raising later stage funding rounds.
- Generate intellectual property documentation.
- Successful candidates will have a PhD degree in the life sciences, chemistry, drug delivery, or other relevant field or have a BS or MS degree and >5 years laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving and scientific presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in highly collaborative settings.
- Ability to quickly learn and master novel technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership skills and entrepreneurial drive.
- Experience in liposomal formulation, particle characterization, bacterial and mammalian cell culture, protein analysis techniques, protein engineering, enzyme biochemistry, assay development, and molecular cloning are considered assets.
- Competitive salary, early employee equity, and flexible, full-time working hours.
- Work with a team of MIT founders to build a new company.
- Opportunities for writing patents, publications, and presentations at conferences.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com