UltraNeuro, Inc is funded by the E14 Fund and co-founded by Sami Jitan (Sandbox) and Mahdi Ramadan (PhD at Brain and Cognitive Sciences). We are a pre-clinical stage neuromodulation medical device company using focused ultrasound energy to treat peripheral neuropathic pain.
The team is looking for a Biomechanical/Ultrasound Engineer Co-Founder to join in the final stage of MVP testing at the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC). In person work at the CIC will be required.
- Design and construct a setup to produce and amplify arbitrary ultrasonic waves with variable parametrizations ( duty cycles, pulse durations, etc.) and appropriate pressures
- Setting up a hydrophone tank to characterize ultrasound transducer pressures
- Carry out quantitative pain sensory testing experiments with a Medoc Q-Sense device during ultrasound stimulation
- Carry out quantitative and non-invasive nerve recordings during ultrasound stimulation
- Conceptualize a viable and miniature version of ultrasound stimulation set-up
- Pitch technology and future product iterations to investors for fundraising
Qualities & Skills:
- Masters, PhD or PostDoc preferred
- Broad connections and knowledge in the field of neuromodulation and/or treating pain
- Strong understanding of startup ecosystems and company growth
- Previous experience in pre-clinical medical device trials
- Exceptionally strong skills in rapid prototyping and design
- Exceptionally strong engineering skills (bioengineering, electric, mechanical, coding, etc.)
- Ability to improvise quickly
- Previous experience with neuromodulation is a huge plus!
- Previous entrepreneurial experience is a plus!
- Contributing to brainstorming strategy for medical regulatory pathway
- Developing a clear path to implementing proposed technology
- Finding conferences, meet-ups, and symposiums in the Neurotech space.
If interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter with subject line “UltraNeuro: [Your Name] CV/Cover Letter” to firstname.lastname@example.org . The application should include:
- Short Cover Letter that answers the following:
- What about UltraNeuro sparks interest for you and why?
- Describe how you match the position for which you are applying.
Opportunity Dates: May–August 2022 (Total time commitment: 10 hours/week)
Compensation: $50/hr + Equity (Co-Founder)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com