Website Jnana Therapeutics
Jnana Therapeutics is a biotechnology company utilizing a next generation chemoproteomic platform to address well-validated but hard-to-drug targets, including the solute carrier (SLC) family of metabolite transporters. Jnana is focused on developing best-in-class therapies to treat a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic and immune-mediated diseases in addition to oncology. Headquartered in Boston, Jnana is founded by world-renowned scientists and backed by leading life science investors.
About the Opportunity
You are a highly motivated, creative and collaborative individual with a strong enthusiasm for experimental research. You have a strong desire for truth seeking and exploration of novel biology though the application of molecular and chemical biology techniques as well as pharmacological interrogation. You have experience with developing and application of novel assays to the assessment of mechanism and pharmacology. You will have a track record of delivering impactful data and good decision making. You are an excellent communicator and team player with a creative and resourceful approach to target validation and project execution.
A strong desire to learn in a growth environment is essential. Jnana is committed to the training and development of our talent. You will have a track record of team working and exceptional collaborative endeavor as well as excellent communication skills. You are scientifically curious, treat opportunity and challenges with equal vigor and contribute beyond your precise role description. This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate scientist, in their early career, to develop drug hunting skills while contributing to bringing new classes of medicines to patients.
- Routine cell culture (immortalized and primary cell) experience
- De novo development and execution of novel biochemical assays
- Compound screening to support Med Chem design decisions, experience with liquid handling/robotics
- Experience with a broad range of measures including reporter gene assays, HiBit, NanoBRET and MSD/AlphaLISA
- Performing cellular & molecular biology related protocols: construct design, siRNA/shRNA, CRISPR, RNA extractions, RT-qPCR, Western blotting and imaging, ELISA based assays, Flow cytometry analysis among others.
- Design and execution of mechanism of action studies seeking to assign novel function to target proteins
- Perform independent data analysis, supporting recommendations on research approach leading to contributing to scientific discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment.
- Ability to prioritize work as well as operate across scientific disciplines on multiple projects.
Desired Capabilities & Past Experience
- Minimum of BSc in Biology, or other relevant area
- Minimum of 2 years post BSc laboratory research experience in a Drug Discovery setting
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.