ROLE: RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, DELIVERY
Oroboros is a startup coming out of MIT focused on developing a novel RNA-based platform technology that can be
used to treat a wide range of diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join
our R&D team. We are looking for someone who is excited about building a transformative platform technology and
loves a challenge. We want a person who is eager to learn, attentive to details, and can think creatively.
- Design and synthesize new chemical entities to support mRNA drug delivery efforts.
- Conduct multistep synthesis, purification and rigorous characterization of compounds.
- Search mRNA drug delivery literature and compile documentation.
- Biophysical and chemical characterization of novel formulations using analytical techniques such as dynamic
light scattering and HPLC.
- General laboratory assistance including ordering/receiving of lab supplies, preparation of reagents, and lab
- Document, analyze, interpret and present data to internal parties.
- BS/MS in biochemistry, chemical engineering, or synthetic organic chemistry, or related fields.
- Strong foundation in chemistry, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry, or related field.
- Excellent technical skills in conducting multistep chemical syntheses and compound purifications.
- Expertise in nanoparticle synthesis and characterization. A knowledge of nucleic acid delivery is a plus.
- >1 year experience in in drug delivery or nanoparticle formulations in an industrial setting working is a plus.
- Experience with LCMS, FPLC, NMR, UV/Vis spectroscopy and molecular characterization is a plus.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.