ROLE: RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, IN VITRO/MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
Oroboros is a startup coming out of MIT focused on developing a novel RNA-based platform technology that can be
used to treat a wide range of diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join
our R&D team. We are looking for someone who is excited about building a transformative platform technology and
loves a challenge. We want a person who is eager to learn, attentive to details, and can think creatively.
- Engage in research efforts independently and as part of a team.
- Design, synthesize, and characterize RNA and DNA constructs.
- Support the translational and development activities of RNA delivery for scale-up and clinical use.
- Provide hands-on support for high-throughput analytical assays (fluorescence/luminescence, electrophoresis,
- General laboratory assistance including ordering/receiving of lab supplies, preparation of reagents, and lab
- Document, analyze, interpret and present data to internal parties.
- BS/MS in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, molecular biology, or related fields.
- Dedication to learning new skills and/or improving an existing skill set.
- >1 year experience working in an industrial setting is a plus.
- Prior experience with RNA biology and protein translation is a plus.
- Prior experience with cell and molecular biology methods is a plus.
- Relevant prior experience may include, but is not limited to, mRNA/DNA preparation and characterization (PAGE,
UV absorbance, in-vitro transcription, plasmid preparation), protein characterization (Western blotting, ELISA),
mammalian cell culture, transfection, microscopy, plate-based assays for cell viability and function, molecular
cloning, qPCR, and next generation sequencing.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.