Position title: Research Associate/SRA – In Vivo and Cellular Biology
Company: Cellarity Therapeutics
Interested candidates can contact: email@example.com
Type: full time
Location: Cambridge, MA
Cellarity Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ:EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences, and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate with expertise in cellular biology to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. The candidate will be working under the direction of a Senior Scientist and will be responsible for performing and validating cell and in vivo based models to demonstrate our ability to therapeutically manipulate healthy and diseased tissues. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists of the Cellarity team, as well as the Flagship Pioneering team to rapidly advance the scientific program. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills and work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Perform and validate cell-based assays and in vivo models of disease.
- Test data-driven hypotheses surrounding lineage specification and cell fate decisions.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at company meetings.
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development.
- BS/MS in cell or molecular biology, biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of experience in an academic or industry setting.
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture, including primary cells, and co-culture systems.
- Experience with characterization and/or differentiation of cells from human and animal tissues including intestinal, epithelial, muscle and/or endothelial tissue.
- Proficient with mouse handling techniques, such as, but not limited to various methods of dosing, blood/tissue collection, and minor surgeries.
- Experience with initiating, maintaining, and evaluating animal disease models.
- Expertise with cell-based and molecular biology assays, such as, but not limited to qPCR, western blot, ELISA, flow cytometry, and immunofluorescence.
- Understanding of and compliance with animal welfare regulations and IACUC protocols.
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing and interpreting the data.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
Self-motivated, able to work independently, highly-organized with strong attention to detail, and desire to learn new skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.