Does the term “networking” make you run in the other direction?
Do you think of it as awkward and superficial?
Are you worried that you are missing out because you don’t know how to go about it?
If any of these apply to you, join our expert panelists as they explain why and how to network. You’ll learn practical tips on how to use networking to advance your career, expand your horizons, build lasting professional relationships, and explore new opportunities.
Topics covered will include:
- Why is networking important for academic folks?
- How do networking and job-hunting fit together?
- How can I proactively identify and reach out to people I don’t know yet?
- How (and why) should I build relationships outside of academia?
- How can I use meetings, travel, and other opportunities to expand my network?
- I’m an introvert — how can I network without dying inside?
- What’s the deal with LinkedIn, anyway?
Information and Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/networking-for-academics-conquering-the-fear-factor-tickets-63270070484