Join us to hear Todd Zion discuss founding SmartCells based on his PhD research at MIT and how he structured his financing through angel investors and NIH grants. SmartCells was acquired by Merck for upfront and milestone payments totaling over $500M.
Topics will include:
• Starting a company based on graduate research.
• Overcoming perception about being a young founder.
• His decision to raise angel funding vs. venture capital.
• His experience seeking non-dilutive funding.
• Negotiating an exit with big pharma.
Wednesday 4/5 @ 4:30 PM Martin Trust Center at MIT, One Amherst Street, E40-160 RSVP Refreshments will be provided.