Research Associate (BA/BS level)
We are looking for a driven independent thinker with a monster work ethic that shares our long-term vision for a donor independent blood system. Initiative and creative problem solving are priorities since you’ll be partnering with us to fundamentally disrupt a firmly established industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
Because we are a startup, the position calls for duties that are broad and variable, with significant opportunity for advancement. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Perform experiments, which may be moderate to complex with increasing independence.
- Record data and analyze results using basic statistics.
- Maintain and perform experiments with cells in tissue culture.
- Minimal pre-clinical rodent work (mouse handling, injections and some surgery).
- Help to prepare presentations and written articles for publication.
- Prepare laboratory reagents, chemicals, instruments, and maintain equipment.
- Maintain operations and supplies inventory in accordance with departmental procedures.
- There may be some travel to local area research labs for collaborations, trainings, & operational expansion.
- American citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) only.
- B.A/B.S with significant biological/physical science coursework preferred.
- Experience with techniques in molecular biology, cell biology, or biochemistry is desirable.
- Can work productively and develop cohesive team relationships
- High degree of computer literacy in Mac/PC based OS environments
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to logically and effectively structure tasks and set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data statistically and to present it logically
Please send cover letter and CV/resume to: email@example.com
Post expires at 2:19pm on Friday May 19th, 2017