Analyst/Associate. Outcome Capital, LLC. Life Sciences practice, Boston Office
Job Description: Outcome Capital, a unique investment banking firm that provides life sciences and technology companies with a value-added approach to merger, acquisition, and corporate finance advisory services, is seeking a quantitatively-driven and highly-motivated Analyst/Associate (depending on qualifications) to join its rapidly growing life sciences practice.
Analyst/Associate will assist in origination and execution of corporate finance transactions across healthcare sub sectors in the US and Europe.
Analyst/Associate will take an integral role and gain direct experience on a wide range of complex transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, business valuations, corporate restructurings, private placements, buyouts, strategic advisory, and corporate business development.
The Analyst/Associate will enjoy a friendly, cooperative, and horizontal corporate culture and will work closely with senior professionals who offer broad exposure to the multiple issues and concerns affecting businesses today. In addition, the role presents a unique opportunity to work with senior members of management teams and enhance interpersonal skills.
- Gather and synthesize primary and secondary research on markets, industries, and companies. Analyze clinical data, scientific papers, analyst reports, investment/M&A/Partnership trends, trade publication, etc.
- Conduct deep fundamental analysis and synthesize fundamental research to form a differentiated view on client companies
- Draft executive summaries, information memorandums and other marketing documents
- Build, update and maintain market, industry, and company financial models
- Perform financial analyses on client companies and public companies, including building and maintaining complex financial/valuation models, including DCF, Waterfall Analysis, comparable trading and transaction analyses
- Research and develop potential buyer, investor, and other target lists
- Manage transaction logistics including: Update web-based deal and contact management systems, develop weekly client status reports, administer electronic data rooms, presentation binding, and so forth
- Aid in business development efforts (identification and qualifying of advisory opportunities)
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline and/or business with life sciences focus; Advanced degree with strong Scientific and technical acumen (MBA, PhD, Masters) preferred but not a prerequisite
- A minimum of two to four years with relevant past experience in life sciences, biotechnology, research or related industry (Healthcare consulting/VC/business development/Equity research)
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business decisions and deliver business results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team first, “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, skilled at developing and maintaining highly effective relationships internally and externally to accomplish goals
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong skills in using MS Office (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience in financial analysis, advanced modelling and valuations
- A strong record of academic achievement
- Eligibility to work in the US
What an Outcome Capital team member looks like:
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards
- Passionate about what they do
- Driven to secure success for clients
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Strategic, creative thinker
- Dedicated to their co-workers
- Have an enthusiasm to professionally grow and mentor others
- Communicates clearly and professionally with clients and colleagues
Outcome Capital offers a competitive salary, opportunity for a discretionary annual bonus as well as a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post expires at 2:26pm on Friday May 19th, 2017