General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and helping to cure the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services and medical imaging, GE operates in more than 160 countries and employs about 300,000 people worldwide. GE traces its beginnings to Thomas A. Edison, who established Edison Electric Light Company in 1878. In 1892, a merger of Edison General Electric Company and Thomson-Houston Electric Company created General Electric Company and since its beginnings, GE has been focused on innovation. GE is the only company listed in the Dow Jones Industrial Index today that was also included in the original index in 1896. GE’s worldwide corporate headquarters is located in Fairfield, CT. This position is located in Menlo Park, California.
The Associate Intern will assist the GE Ventures team to evaluating investment opportunities in a specific sector of healthcare. By the end of the internship, the individual will have developed an understanding of a specific area of healthcare, including startups, incumbents, and the investment opportunities associated with the market, and will have summarized the project in a document and presentation for the GE Ventures team. The Associate Intern will also assist the GE Ventures team on due diligence projects evaluating startups for potential investment. This role is project-based, and is expected to last 3-4 months over the summer of 2016.
• Assess the investment landscape for a given sector of healthcare. This includes determining the performance parameters for products addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities
• Carry out secondary research and interview key opinion leaders to gather a well-informed perspective on the segment
• Screen and evaluate all available startups in the given sector and report to senior fund staff on recommendations to pursue specific investments
• Prepare presentations for investment committee and participate in presentation of content with senior GE executives as needed
• Carry out due diligence on potential investments, including market research, financial modeling, competitive analysis, and technology assessments
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking or portfolio management
To apply, please send an application here: https://xjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=1283448&partnerid=54&siteid=5346